Tuesday, May 6, 2014

New Beginnings and Numana

Wow! This past year has been FULL OF CHANGE...

3. I went back to work

After spending a year at home with babies, I went back to work at ReachLocal in December. And just a few days ago, I began my journey working, full-time, with a hunger relief organization I have served with in the past. Numana is an organization that is close to my heart- so it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up! I had no idea that getting back into the swing of professional life was just preparation for new beginnings with Numana. I couldn't be more excited to serve with the Numana team in the fight against hunger!

Weston and I with Lindsay and Stan from Numana

So-- I'm writing to tell you a little bit about it. Will you join me in serving the starving? Will you help me spread the word about who we are and what we do? 

Who is Numana?
Numana is a hunger relief organization- we partner with churches, universities and businesses to host food packaging events where people of all ages and backgrounds come together and package thousands of meals. The meals are then boxed up, put on a truck, and we ship the food to partners all over the world- often to schools, orphanages, or disaster relief. We also distribute food domestically through local food banks. 




Why Numana?
After seeing pictures of a Numana event on Facebook, our church in Shreveport wanted in on the fun! We hosted our first Numana event, and it was actually the first Numana event in Louisiana. It was an incredible service experience for the church body, but for me- it was so much more! 



3D1L - Thank You from Brookwood Baptist Church on Vimeo.

It was through our "3 Dimes One Life" event that God challenged me to go see what life was like for others around the world. When we discovered the ministry in Rwanda that would receive the food we packaged, God called me and the church equipped me to GO. Numana opened door for a new missions partnership with Africa New Life Ministries where the people at Brookwood Baptist Church provided sponsorship for over 100 kids in Rwanda- something that will help them go to school and receive meals.

None of this would have happened without Numana. So when they approached me and asked if I wanted to join their team of 6 people, I said "ABSOLUTELY!"

How Can You Help?
1. WATCH THE VIDEO
Watch the ABOUT NUMANA video and learn about the global hunger problem and think about ways you can help serve those in need.

2. HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD
Would your church or business want to know more about this? I'd love to connect with them and answer any questions they have. Can you help me make that connection? Just send an email to your pastor/friends/co-workers introducing me and Numana and copy me (lindsaybrown@numanainc.com)

3. PARTICIPATE IN AN EVENT 
Would you like to participate or lead a Numana event? Let's make it happen!


Rwandan School Children lined up to receive their lunch- a huge bowl of Numana food!







No comments:

Post a Comment