Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pregnancy Update- 38 wks 1 day

Countdown: 1 week, 6 days**

Great doctors visit today- I am actually progressing! I have dilated another cm from last week's checkup and am 40% effaced (I was 25%) last week. We scheduled an induction for next Wednesday- which means we will meet baby Emmy on December 12th!

Updated countdown: 6 days

Gender: girl

Total Weight Gain: 28 lbs

Symptoms: Lots of contractions! The other night I was convinced it would be the night to drive to the hospital, but I decided to see if I could go to sleep I stead of concentrating on the contractions. I was able to sleep- which means it wasn't quite time. I guess my body is just getting ready.

Stretch Marks: None

Sleep: Sleep has been and on and off struggle the past 2 weeks. Some nights I sleep great and other nights I toss and turn and have to get up to pee a gazillion times. The past two nights I have gone to bed with very frequent and steady contractions which wake me up.

Movement: Poor baby girl doesn't have much room to move around. I can feel her try, although I can tell she just isn't able to move much. Occasionally I get a sharp foot or elbow jab that will stop me in my tracks. Not as much fluid to cushion the blow :(

Miss anything: Normal people clothes! I browsed the non-maternity section at Target today scoping out some post-partum wardrobe pieces.

Cravings: Just the usual- sweets, fruit and more sweets

Belly button in or out: Most definitely out

Mood: Excited!! It feels so great to know we will meet Emmy so soon. I pray she is healthy and perfect in every way and that the induction and delivery go well.

Looking forward to: Date night tomorrow with my boo, then family night early next week.  We will do something special for our last night as a family of 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment