Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Busy Sewing

I haven't had much to post about lately-- I've been too busy sewing!  I swear that I'll start sewing for little sister soon- but I'm having so much fun making things for Aubrey.

Here are a few projects I'm working on:

How awesome is this Chevron Pumpkin Dress I found on Etsy?

Photo Source- Wrententen

I saw this dress and was inspired!!  I love a peasant dress- they're super easy to sew. Throw in some Riley Blake chevron fabric and a polka dot pumpkin-- I'm in!  I just completed my version of this dress and will post pics as soon as I can get it on my model.  If you don't sew-- they have a ton of similar dresses on Etsy you can purchase. Just be prepared to spend around $40. The outfits from Wrententen are the cutest I've seen!

Last night I started work on this sweet tunic for Aubrey.

Photo Source- Shwin Designs


It's called the Lucy Tunic and I purchased the pattern from Shwin Designs.  It's fully reversible, so she'll get two outfits out of it!  I hope it will work through the winter, layered on top of a long sleeve shirt.  Can't wait to finish it and post pics!  You can follow the Shwin's blog here-- a ton of great tutorials and ideas.  Visit their shop for super cute patterns for boys and girls.

By the way-- I had a remedial sewing question for them as I began work on cutting my fabric for this pattern.  No worries, I just emailed the Shwins and they responded within minutes with a super helpful answer to my silly question.  I can't wait to buy more patterns from them!

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment