Tuesday, August 28, 2012

24 Week Update



How far along: 24 Weeks 

Gender: Girl 

Total weight gain: 7 lbs

Maternity clothes: I've been sporting full-on maternity wear for the last couple of weeks.  It's like my belly doubled in size in a matter of days. My favorite  item-- the skinny belt!  It's so fun to wrap a little belt above my bump and it helps make some of those boxy maternity shirts look a little more fitted.   I found some great steals from Ann Taylor Loft Maternity but they were all way too big when they came in. Booo!  No worries- I just whipped out the sewing machine and took them in a bit.  And I'm so excited because my bestie is sending me some of her basic maternity staples to borrow (a few maxi dresses, tunics and jeans). I think I'll be good to go for the rest of my pregnancy!  

Stretch marks: Nope-- but now is the time to stock up on the Vitamin E lotion like I did last time.

Sleep: Great!  Thanks to my awesome maternity body pillow, I'm super comfy. Best $70 I ever spent.  I accidentally left it at a hotel when I was pregnant with Aubrey and paid nearly $40 for them to FedEx it to me.  Totes worth it. 

Miss Anything: Sushi.  It sounds so delicious and refreshing to me right now.  

Movement: This baby is ON. THE. MOVE.  Weston was able to feel her kick for the first time just about a week ago.  She normally likes to boogie after I've had lunch/dinner and when I'm sitting very still.  She also likes to wiggle around when it's time for bed.  It makes falling asleep a little difficult at times.

Cravings: Any kind of sweet, juicy fruit- like plums or peaches.  Also, I could eat a cup of frozen yogurt every single day. I don't.... but I could.   Occasionally all I want is a burger and fries from Sonic or Whataburger.  YUM.

Symptoms: Heartburn.  I guess it will be hanging around for the next 3 1/2 months.  BLEH. 

Belly Button in or out: In

Mood: Energetic! I feel great and relatively comfortable right now.

Looking forward to:  Making the trip to West Texas to visit my parents.  They haven't seen my baby bump yet!

Exercise:  I just started walking this past week.  I figure I better take advantage of the beautiful weather while I can.  My goal is to do a 30 minute walk- 3 times a week.  I've knocked out two walks so far this week and feel great.

Nutrition:  Weston and I are eating pretty healthy.  I want something starchy with every meal and he doesn't, so sometimes I make a little rice or a sweet potato.  We eat at home at least 4-5 nights a week which helps us keep it relatively healthy.  I haven't been counting calories or anything crazy-- I'm just trying to be reasonable and avoid anything that will trigger that nasty heartburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment