Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pregnant Meltdown

I had a significant pregnant meltdown yesterday.  There were tears, lots of tears. Honestly, no sane person would have reacted the way I did to the events of the day, so I have to blame this one 100% on hormones.

Preggo belly- 27 weeks and a few days


Here's what happened:
I cried about my food
I cried because Aubrey threw food on the floor
I cried about my ruined bath

The food:
My sweet sweet husband cooked up some delicious looking chicken fried steak for dinner.  He had literally been standing over the stove for at least 30-40 minutes before I made it home.  The house smelled of friend, delicious goodness.  As we went to fix our plates, I began to prepare a plate of food for Aubrey and noticed that the steak was a little more pink than I felt comfortable feeding my 22 month old and myself, with unborn child in tow. Weston swore up and down that it was fine, and I'm sure it was, but I just couldn't get over the level of pink in the steak. I found something else for Aubrey to eat and tried to eat my food.  But I just cried with every bite until I finally got myself something else to eat. That's no way to react over food, and I hurt Weston's feelings. He was hurt because he had spent the last hour cooking dinner and because I was basically accusing him of trying to poison us all.  By the way, everyone is fine and I missed out on what I'm sure was a delicious dinner.

Food on the floor:
Then Aubrey kept throwing her green beans on the floor.  I told her to stop throwing her food on the floor- several times. Each green bean that hit the floor summoned more and more tears.  Finally Aubrey was sent to her room for time out and we both cried it out for a bit (Aubrey in her room and me at the dinner table).

Ruined bath:
And to top it all off-- all I wanted to do was take a nice bath before bed.  I settle into the tub and am startled by a weird scratching noise.  Is it coming from the attic?  From under the house?  From my closet?  Is Aubrey scratching on the wall in her room?  I call Weston into the bathroom to listen and he determines it's just something up under the house.  It is directly under the bathroom to be exact.  Why is this stupid varmit trying to ruin my bath?!?!  All I wanted was a nice bath and now it's ruined because there's a weird nocturnal animal directly underneath me.  More tears.

All in all- my extreme sadness over seemingly unimportant things was remedied by a good night's sleep.  Almost 10 hours of sleep, to be exact!

1 comment:

  1. i think all of those late night organizing/cleaning sprees finally caught up to you :-) lesson learned: make sure to get your sleep!

    ReplyDelete