Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pregnancy Update- 35 Weeks

How far along: 34 weeks, 5 days

Count down: 5 weeks, 2 days

Great doctors visit today.  Emmy's heartbeat was 136, which is normal, and I am still measuring right on time.  I had gained a pound since my last appointment, which also seems to be on track.  I start my weekly checkups next week and they will begin to check my cervix for any progress.  It's getting closer!!




Gender: Girl

Total weight gain: 23 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  I haven't purchased anything new in the last month and am trying to hold out for just a few more weeks.  Even though the temperature is finally starting to get cooler, I'm going to get creative and find a way to make all my maternity staples work for just a few more weeks.

Stretch marks: None- I guess my belly was just made to stretch.

Sleep: I've been getting some decent sleep this past week.  My hips and pelvis were hurting me pretty badly in the night, so I've started taking a couple of Tylenol before bed and it seems to ease the pain so I can sleep comfortably.

Miss Anything: Deep breaths and endurance. Emmy frequently moves up into my rib cage and it makes it difficult to take really deep breaths. Also- my endurance is starting to dwindle-- normal activities are starting to make me tired long before they would in my 2nd trimester days.  This makes my non-stop nesting very difficult :)

Movement:  I feel like I can feel every single move this little baby makes.  She must REALLY be cramped for space in there.  I have recently felt her have the hiccups (it's a rhythmic full body movement) and can feel her attempts to stretch out every now and then.  

Cravings:  Hot chocolate and Apple Cider

Symptoms:  Just within the last few days I have begun feeling Braxton Hix contractions.  My stomach will just tighten up for about 15-30 seconds and then release and then do it again 3 or 4 more times.  They're not regular or frequent enough to be real contractions, so I can normally just take a few deep breaths and let them pass.  After feeling REAL labor contractions, I'm not inclined to bother all of my friends who are medical professionals with all the details of each fake contraction like I did last time :)  

Belly button in or out:   Out

Exercise:  It's almost time to start taking long walks to help the baby move down and see about getting labor started.

Mood:  I feel nervous.  Today is my last day of work and I am about to really experience life as a stay at home mom-- where there is no sick time and no paid vacation.  It is going to be such a big change, and I know that it's the right thing.  But I'm stepping out into something new- and that's always a little scary.

Looking forward to:  My sister is coming to visit this weekend for Aubrey's birthday party!  She will be the first of my 5 siblings to come visit us in Shreveport, and I'm beyond excited to have some houseguests for a couple of days.  Thanks for making the trip Connie!

No comments:

Post a Comment