Thursday, August 2, 2012

20 Weeks and Growing

I haven't posted in quite a while-- the past few weeks have been CRAZY busy.

I'm 20 weeks pregnant- which means I'm halfway there!! Tiny baby is growing big.  The doctor estimated her weight between 10-11 ounces and her length to be as long as a large banana.  My tummy is beginning to grow and I think I may have spent my very last day in my most favorite pre-pregnancy jeans. Dresses and elastic waist pants here I come!

20 weeks 

We went for the anatomy ultrasound last week and were able to check in on all the important baby parts. Tiny baby moved all around and did what seemed like a full somersault during the ultrasound. Maybe she was inspired by the Olympic gymnasts.

The ultrasound confirmed that little sister has:
2 arms
2 legs
A healthy looking brain
Nose, eyes, lips and chin
A strong heart with 4 chambers
2 kidneys
Stomach
Spine
Girl parts
You know... all the really important things.





It's such a blessing to be able to watch her grow from both the outside (my belly) and the inside (ultrasound).    Weston and I are amazed at God's creation, just growing right inside of me.  We're thankful for a comfortable and easy pregnancy so far and for tiny baby's development.  We continue to pray for her to grow as perfectly and healthy as God intends.

Aubrey is starting to get used to all the baby talk.  She can say "baby" and she knows the baby is in mommy's tummy.  Although, sometimes she gets confused and she thinks the baby is in her tummy too.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment