Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Baby Sunsuit

I finished another sewing project last night!  It involved my favorite sewing trick, shirring, of course. This sweet little baby sunsuit is for little Bess Mary, my coworker's 8 month old little girl.  I can't wait to see a picture of sweet Bess in her little sunsuit!

Source- Me


I saw come cute knit Zutano sunsuits just like this at a boutique for around $20-$30. This one on the Zutano website is $29. **kudos to Zutano because I think they have the CUTEST fabric prints ever!

Source- Zutano.com


I used cotton fabric that I found as a remnant piece.  It was less than $4 at JoAnn and I got a little over a yard.  I had no idea what I would use it for when I bought it, but I think it sure did make a cute little bubble suit!  I used a cotton ivory lace to make the shoulder ties.  Cost was about $1.50 for 2 yards of lace.  This was my first time sewing anything with leg holes or a button crotch (the technical term I'm sure). Not too bad for my first try!  I've got enough fabric and lace left over to make a top for Aubrey and also make some PJ pants for her.

I followed this awesome tutorial and pattern from Made by Rae for my sunsuit.  I found it on Pinterest of course.  Thanks for the great tutorial!

Link to source and tutorial-  Made by Rae 

I hope someone else will give this project a try and let me know how it goes!

Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Thank you! Can't wait to see Bess in her new outfit :).

    ReplyDelete