Monday, June 25, 2012

Lazy Weekend

This past weekend was perfectly lazy!

1. I finished some sewing projects. Did I mention I'm in love with shirring?  It's so easy and makes for a cute outfit (dress, skirt, shirt, whatever). 


 Aubrey's festive 4th of July shirt! (shirred of course)  Excuse the crazy hair and grey sweatpants.  
We were just trying it on :)


Tee-hee! This just makes me smile.  Look at her hair and her elbow rolls.



4th of July Tank.  A good use of scrap fabric.  
I made a few flags for some of the other babies from my office. 


2.  Weston and I watched a LOT of Downton Abbey.  What a great show!  We just finished Season 1 and are getting into Season 2.  Thank you to Suzanne for recommending it!

3. We had a fun dinner with our LifeGroup.  I'm terrible at remembering to get everyone together for a photo!

We've been meeting for almost a year and have a really great core group of couples.  When you start a new small group from scratch it can take a while to really form those bonds that make you feel like family.  But we're getting there!  We have so much fun together and support eachother in prayer.  We've watched friends get married in this past year and our group will welcome a few new babies in the coming months.  That is what I call "doing life" together.  Last night, they surprised Weston and I with a sweet gift for leading and hosting the group.  We weren't expecting anything like that at all-- it was such a meaningful surprise!  Thank you guys!

Bag Toss Tourney

LifeGroup Dinner

LifeGroup ladies crafting 



1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog! Makes me feel like it hasn't been so long since we've seen each other. Hope everything is going great!

    ReplyDelete